Friday, August 5, 2011

GREAT WEEK!!

Talofa lava!

We had a great week! We exercised some serious faith hoping to find new investigators, and God provided! We found 8 new investigators!!! And 3 of them came to church on Sunday!! All up, we had 4 people at church! Which was huge for us! We had this couple, Jennifer and Manassa (cook Islanders), Hoover (old, Tongan guy) and Saane (she's our keen one)!! It was a fight I tell ya, to get them to church!! We walked up to Saane and Aki's house and the brother told us that they went to the hospital.f I was like, "What?" I asked when they went, and he said two days ago... LIES!! lol! We had a lesson with them just yesterday... So we left and I sent our fellowship Haylee to go get them. And sure enough, they were there but they slept through the alarm, lol! so she woke them up and brought them to church, lol! Man, Satan has been working so hard on us doing everything he can to keep our investigators in sin! It's making me exercise heaps of faith, lol!

You won't believe it! This morning, I got "THE PHONE CALL"!! lol!! The office called to tell me about my flight home and everything... so it's happening... they are going to be booking my flight home... I never thought I'd get the call. Especially this early, lol!

Sister Jone and Donu had a baptism this week and we were helping them to teach this girl named Tahjshee, and the family wanted me to baptize her. It's a Maori family, and the whole week they're been calling me "uncle"... it's just a funny Maori thing for a member of the family. But, Elder Gentry got to perform his first baptism!! I was really excited for him! And I'm sure he was stoked!!

The ward is starting to get better! I feel the ward is starting to really trust us and they are getting to know us... We just need to get this ward to LOVE us and then they'll bring us people to baptize!!!

We have 2 people that are our "go" people... Haylee Clark, a returned missionary from Malaysia, and Chris Rass, a Tongan guy who is leaving for his mission in September to Austrailia! They are always helping us out! They're the best!

HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KEEP PRAYING THAT WE'LL FIND PEOPLE TO BAPTIZE!!!!!!
OFA ATU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elder Belnap

No comments:

Post a Comment