Thursday, December 16, 2010

APINERU'S BAPTISM!!!!!!!! MIRACLES!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY CHRISTMAS PRESENT TO GOD!

This week was arguably the best week of my mission!!! We had miracles left, right, and center! We were supposed to baptize 4 people but we ended up baptizing 5!! MIRACLE! Taught 28 lessons (23 member present lessons/new teaching record in Gisborne), had a wedding and then the baptism on Saturday! Crazy busy and LOVIN' IT!

It was Friday and we were driving down the road and I was thinking how nice it would be to baptize the whole Apineru Family, when I got this thought (from the Holy Ghost John 14:26) to find out if Sister Apineru had her records sent over from Samoa. So we called up the mission office and had them do a check for us. And guess what?!!? Her records were lost. And on paper, though she was baptized in Samoa, she had no record. So the miracle happened! We told her that night that the only way to complete the record was to have her get baptized with her family! And she agreed!!!! So we baptized the WHOLE FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was on my knees thanking my Father in Heaven for this wonderful miracle! One of my goals was to baptize a WHOLE family! And God blessed me with my Christmas present. I was able to baptize two of the daugthers! They are just wonderful! It's a family of 7! They are very strong. And have great potential to progress very much in the church! We filled up the chapel as well for the baptism! Great attendance! The Spirit was so strong! I was just happy to be a part of that miracle!
Yesterday we got to confirm all 5 of them! It was so wonderful! I just wish you could've been here to witness such an amazing miracle with this family!

On Thursday we had Andrias' and Aimee's wedding! (They were the people that moved from our ward to Gisborne 3rd ward) So we got to go to their wedding! It was wonderful! Then on Saturday, the newly wedded Hillman's and their cousin Georgia got baptized!!!! Once again another miracle! I count them as people we baptized because we were there from the beginning to the finish, so in a sense we had 8 baptisms!!!!!! It was huge! God is a God of miracles!!!

Yesterday, Raymond, came us to us and said that his flight to Austrailia got pushed up a couple weeks and that he's leaving for Austrailia on Wednesday. I couldn't believe it, because he's set for this Saturday. So we were freaking out, but he is now going to get baptized tomorrow!!!! Really excited about that, another miracle!

This Saturday Mia is going to be baptized! Can't wait for that! And she is going to get married hopefully next month as well, and her partner is also preparing himself to be baptized!!!!!

Another cool experience... That Tongan girl that I told you about, well we started teaching her this week. It's interesting, she can't really speak english or understand it. But I have a testimony of the Gift of Tongues. You don't always have to speak in a different language to have the gift. I received it in a sense of understanding. As we explained the Plan Of Salvation, we then had her uncle translate and tell her. He then told us what he explained to her and told her about her brother who died when he was 8. And that he is in the Spirit world. I then felt very prompted to ask her how she felt? She said that she understood and it makes sense. But I said, "Niva, how did you feel as Brother Latu was explaining about your brother?" She said she felt good, and just had a good feeling. I then helped her recognize that it was the Spirit telling her that her brother is ok, and what we have shared with her is TRUE! And she sure understand that! She's making great progress.

Then on top of all these amazing miracles and blessings, we BROKE THE ZONE BEST! We are now at 12 Baptized and 3 set! When President Porter sent me to Gisborne, he said to turn Gisborne into a South Auckland (which is the highest baptizing zone in the mission) at first I thought, "WOW. That's going to take lots of work for a place that doesn't baptize." But as I've learned to rely more on the Lord and exercise greater faith in my Savior I have witnessed something that no one that could be done! At this time, we have more baptized than some of the city zones, which is unheard of. And we have the highest rate of baptisms per companionship in the mission. I don't take any credit for the work and miracles that have taken place. I'm just happy to be here. Happy to be used as an instrument in God's hands. I'm thankful for my mission! I love it with all my heart! I know that God lives, that this is HIS work! Last Christmas I didn't baptize. And I said to myself that I wouldn't let that happen this month! I've worked as hard as I possibly can (lost 3 pounds this month, lol) to make this month the best month of my mission. To give my God a Christmas present, and bring as many of His children back to Him. This is my testimony in His name, Jesus Christ, Amen.

Also we have Transfers this week. I have no idea if I'm staying or leaving. I guess I'll find out on Wednesday. Whether I stay or go I know that I'll be where ever God needs me.

LOVE YOU ALL!!!!
THANKS FOR YOUR PRAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!


Elder Belnap

No comments:

Post a Comment