Monday, October 18, 2010

SET ASHLIE FOR BAPTISM!!!!

Kia Ora!

We had a great week, full of miracles!

We set this 27 year old girl for baptism at the end of this month!!!
It was a serious miracle! We have been fasting and praying that we would be able to baptize someone else this month! And we got blessed with her. She had family get baptized last week, and she has been coming to church and wants to be baptized! So we had our first lesson with her and set her for baptism!!! God is a God of miracles! We are praying hard for her and hopefully she will be baptized on the 30th!
If everyone that is set gets baptized this month we will have broken the Zone Best and get 10 baptisms!!! So a lot is on the line here in Gisborne! But as long as we qaulify the Lord will bless us with people to baptize!

Another miracle... We were able to get 20 lessons this week (which is somewhat hard to get in Gissie) and found 12 new investigators!

Wednesday and Thursday it rained ALL DAY!!! It never stopped, and it POURED! We were literally wet all day, even though we were in a car! I was just thanking Heavenly Father for the car, lol!!!

On Wednesday, I was on a trade-off with a greenie missionary from Orem. And we had tracted this one area, and didn't really find anything, but as we were headed back to the car, I had this distinct feeling that we needed to keep tracting, so that's exactly what we did. We walked all the way back to the car, and I just couldn't unlock the door, so I said, "I just feel like there is someone that we need to see." So we kept walking in the pouring rain. I walked straight to a house and knocked on the door. And you'll never guess who answered.... Well, as we were talking she seemed standoff-ish at first. Then I just started talking about her family and asked where she was from. Well, she is from where Elder Whaanga is! And guess what?! It's his cousin. She isn't a member, but as I was talking to her she softened up and let us go by and teach her. And we taught her, and she is doing good! How crazy, we never would've been able to teach her if I wasn't companions with Whaanga!

Things are good! Gisborne is a different place, the people are just different! But I do love it!

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!!!!
KEEP PRAYING FOR ME!!!!!
I NEED ALL THE PRAYERS I CAN GET!!!!!
LOVE YA HEAPS!!!!!!!
XOXOXO!!!

Elder Belnap

No comments:

Post a Comment