Sunday, October 31, 2010

BROKE ZONE BEST!!!!!!

Kia Ora!

We had an AMAZING WEEK! Full of miracles, hard work, and lots of prayers!

In order for us to break the Zone Best we needed all 4 of the zone's people set to go through. I interviewed 3 of the 4! And it was wonderful. We had an interview miracle. On Thrusday, Elder Sessions was on tradeoff and was teaching Tama (was one of the 4) and anyway, he decided that he didn't want his interview and wasn't going to be baptized. We continued to pray for him. The next morning we got a phone call from Elder Beckstead and he told us that Tama wanted his interview and wanted to be baptized. He were worried for the fact that we didn't know if he was worthy enough to be baptized this week. And after an intense interview, it lasted probably 2 1/2 hours when they usually go 30 min. But I really needed to find out if he was worthy and willing to keep all of the commandments. At first I didn't think he would pass, but as the interview continued then I could see that there was a possibility that he could be baptized the next day. At the end of it, I told him that I needed to go and have a prayer. As I prayed I got a confirmation from God that it was ok to pass him to be baptized. It was a MIRACLE!!! Even the other missionaries couldn't believe he passed. But then again, it's between him and the Lord, and the Lord saw fit. His baptism was wonderful! He was crying so hard because he was so happy! What joy it brought to me.
Ashlie, our investigator, got baptized with the other 3 people! She was so happy! She was full of the Spirit! Her and her husband are working on going to the temple! We are excited that we get to help them with their journey! Then one of the girls in that got baptized in the other ward asked me to confirm her, so all 4 of the confirmations got done in one ward. It was amazing! And it feels so good to be a part of something so great! To know that I (as well as the rest of the zone) was used as intruments in God's Hands to bring to pass something so great!!!! We have been on our knees giving God thanks for all of the miracles!!!! Thank you for all your prayers, I know they were heard!

Well my Mother will be glad to know that we did a service project, and we did Gardening! I thought that I'd never have to do that again. The Lord said, "Think again!" lol! So we did Zarah's (Whaanga's cousin) garden. We are softening her heart!

On Wednesday we were on our way back to town, when all of the sudden Elder Sessions yells out "That car just rolled!" Sure enough, the car that just past us going the opposite direction had rolled. We turned around and went to go help this person. We were the first on the site, and I thought that we were going to have to go all out and help save this person. When to our surprise, he walked away from the accident with nothing more than a strained back, a broken tooth or two, and some cuts on his head. A miracle that he walked away! And an interesting thing, that was the second rolled car in 5 days! Pretty Crazy!

This past week was also the bussiest week that I've had so far in Gisborne! We were busy out of our minds this week! And I like it that way!

Had a crazy experience this week. I was on tradeoff and this guy came out of nowhere. has this power walk going on, he looks a little crazy. Dressed in black. Doesn't say a word. I don't know what he's going to do, so I'm thinking to myself, "Does he want the left hook or the right hook?" lol! Anyway he comes right up to me, and tries to grab my pen, but I smack his hand. Then the Spirit was like, "Just let him take it." So I did. He put his details in my planner and said to come see him. I look back at the day, and I know that God put us right there at that exact second to see that man. We went by to visit him and we will go back to visit him. He's an inactive member, going through a rough time. So we'll see what happens.
We have Transfers this week!!!!! Crazy, the fastest transfer! Sessions and I are getting along great! And I love him! Great Missionary!

GREAT WEEK!!!!!
THANKS FOR THE PRAYERS!!!!!!!!!!
LOVE YOU TONS!!!!!!!!!!

Elder Belnap

No comments:

Post a Comment