Monday, November 8, 2010

TRANSFERS!!!

Kia Ora!!!

Just when everything was going Great, and I was getting comfortable...........I got a phone call Tuesday night from President.
He said, "You're doing great! So look, I'm taking Elder Sessions from you and I'm making you Senior companion over the Gisborne Zone. And you will be training a new Zone Leader. And he's never had any leadership experience. I'm sending down Elder Collett." Elder Collett is the TALLEST missionary in the mission. So I have offically served with the 2 tallest, Checketts and Collett. He's only got 3 months left. President pretty much said that I'll stay down here for one more transfer then he'll move me. I tell ya, Heavenly Father NEVER stops challenging you.
Once you get comfortable he gives you another assignment.
When I got the call, I was/am super nervous. There's a lot on the line here in Gisborne. And President put me in charge. I love a challenge, but man, this is different. It's like when I first became Senior companion. That's the same feeling that I had. But this time even though I am really stressed/nervous etc... I have learned to rely on the Lord more. That everything will be ok. As long as I do my best, work hard, be obedient, God will provide!!!!! So when I get stressed I just think of God, and He always calms me down.

So that's the big news. No one else got transferred. President said he wants to have another big month so he didn't make any changes to the zone! NO PRESSURE LOL!!!

And now I am also the designated driver. FUN!

We had some great miracles!

So on Thursday I got to sleep over in Tauranga with Magleby! And we went on Tradeoffs with him. It was just like good old times. Just the two of us. We definitely have a special bond. And we went hard for 2 1/2 hours and had some serious miracles!!!!!! We worked right up to 9.
And as we talked to this person, they weren't interested. We walked out of the gate. and just as we walked out, there were these 2 people they were right there. We talked to them. This kid was KEEN!!!! We set him for baptism as we walked back to our flat!!! HOW COOL IS THAT!!!!!!! And Magleby and I found a family!!!! I tell ya, if we served together again we'd tear it up!!

And I got to visit Jess Mackie. The first person that I baptized! She and her family are doing great. And yesterday at church, I saw someone poke there head in at sacrament meeting and I looked and I couldn't believe it. It was the Ormsbee's from Otumoeti ward in Tauranga. They were just down here for a drive and decided to pop in. I gave her Husband a blessing while he was in the hospital. He's doing great! Tender mercy from Heavenly Father. I can't wait to go back and visit everyone from Tauranga.

Saturday we had miracles! The first 2 lessons that we had, we committed people to be baptized!!! INSANE!!!! This one girl, her name is Mia! We had a lesson with one of our recent converts and she decided to come. And she is KEEN!!!!! She came to church yesterday.
Just a really prepared person! The last like 5 or 6 people that I've baptized I've set on the 1st lesson. It's not me, God preparing people for us to baptize. I have a strong testimony that when we work hard, rely on the Lord, and QUALIFY - He blesses!

We also found a Samoan family!! We are really hoping for December for them to be baptized!!!! We have Damion, Rachel, and Niomi getting baptized this Saturday! The Zone has 6 people set!!

Tomorrow I'm getting on a plane and flying up to Auckland for Zone Council! That'll be fun! Elder Hinckley (the son of the Prophet) is coming to the mission. And we are account to him for answering to a call of a Prophet and DOUBLING our baptisms!!! How cool is that! So big things are happening!

Things are good! Another new companion to get used to. 9 Transfers and 8 companions. Crazy! Not really heard of. But I'll do whatever God wants!

LOVE YA HEAPS!!!!!!!!!!
KEEP PRAYING FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!
I NEED IT!!!!! LOL!
XOXO

Elder Belnap

Fully Invested....In my mission!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment