Sunday, February 13, 2011

HARD WEEK!

Kia Ora!

This week was a bit rough.... Our area is really struggling. And it's very frustrating. We only found 2 new investigators, taught 11 lessons. Sad numbers.... I know it's not about the numbers, but that's got to change for me. I'm used to leading my zone in new investigators, lesssons, and baptizing. But this area is really hard for me. And I can't understand why???? I've been sent to the Gisborne, a place that is supposed to be the hardest place to baptize, etc... and we had GREAT success. Tauranga, another tough place to baptize and we baptized weekly. So I'm just really trying to understand what the Lord wants me to learn. Because I am waiting for the miracle! It's hard to stay positive when your area is struggling and your working as hard as you can and doing your best to qualify for miracles. Yes, we've received some great miracles but we are still struggling. I've learned for myself is I'm going to be obedient with exactness, talk to everyone, and qualify like crazy. So even if my numbers don't look good, God knows the work that I'm putting into my area.

It's like we've opened up a area, and we are starting over from stratch. And it's hard. I thought getting double shifted into Gisborne was hard, but this has definitely topped that off. I am just waiting for God to pour out His blessings upon this land... I just can't understand... the city has MORE people, but yet our teaching and everything is down. I just ask for your prayers that God will bless us with people to teach....

The zone is doing ok as well. We should be doing MUCH better than where we are at as well. So another thing that is stressful. But I just have to put it in the Lord's hands...

Yesterday we had an investigator come to church that we hadn't expected. And there was a non-member there that we haven't taught yet. And I talked to him and we get along GREAT!!! He played arena football for an Idaho team. And he's pretty keen and said he'll get baptized after he gets married. But.... he's not getting baptized until May. So we need to work on this guy and hope for a miracle to baptize him earlier!!! That was the biggest miracle that we received this week.

One more great experience. I went into the rich area. And there was a member on the ward list that I felt like seeing. We walked up and the gate was open, knocked on the door and this wonderful lady came to the door. She was baptized when she was 16, but hasn't been back to church in ages. She started to tell me that she doesn't really believe in God anymore. But she has three unbaptized kids. And she said, "I've been thinking; the thing that I loved the most about the church was the youth. And I think it would be nice for my kids to have that experience..." Then she said, "I've actually been thinking that I should go back to church and it's just ironic that you are here on my door step!" The best miracle of the week! So hopefully we can go teach her family!!! Here's to hoping!!!!!

And yes, I heard about the Packers, I alked out of the mall and they were playing! So Icaught 20 seconds of the game.... Man that is my weakness!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just couldn't walk past without looking. So Ihad to repent and get refocused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I do have to say, THAT MADE MY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO PACKS!!!!!!!!!!!


LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!


Elder Belnap

No comments:

Post a Comment