Sunday, February 27, 2011

MIRACLES!!!!! SET 2 PREPARED PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Kia Ora!

First, I'm sure that you are all freaking out about the earthquake, so to let you know, I'm fine. Didn't even feel it.... And frankly, you probably know more about what's happening than me... ha I don't watch the news. I found out from an investigator lol!... But yes, it's a big tragedy. And everyone is talking about it. Especially because many people have died.

We finally got the miracles we've been waiting for!!! Tuesday I went on a trade off in my area. I was just waiting for God to pour out His blessings upon me... President Porter has been really focusing on STRETCH... and how we can stretch ourselves. So when I was on a tradeoff with the Assistant presidents, I had Elder Greening explain to me the Doctrine of stretch. And ever since he did, it's just made sense, and we can apply it in our every day lives... It basically comes down to getting out of our comfort zones and pushing ourselves to do better! So I'm trying to teach our missionaries how to stretch themselves, and the best way to do that is on tradeoff's.

So on Sunday we felt prompted to go to this area, knocked some houses and nothing. We go to the car and I was like, "This place is dead!" So I'm ready to drive away when I look in the rear view mirror and I see these two people walking. So I put the car in park, hop out and talk to them. The guy didn't want anything to do with us, but the lady was keen. She said, "Oh, I'll see you at church next week." (they all say that) So on tradeoffs on Tuesday, we go to check up on her. She invites us right in and we have a walk in lesson. She is ultra prepared! Her name is Tesi (Chertesi) and she's Niuean and she's so nice. She had missionaries before, and she's even been to church before! We taught her the first lesson. And then committed her for baptism!!! I've been dying to have a lesson like that! She accepted and she will be baptized on the 19th of March!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for your prayers!!!!

The day gets better!!!! So we go to see a person that I talked to on a tradeoff with Elder Greening. He saw this person walk in the garage, and I didn't see her, but we went over and talked to her. She's a less active 25 year old and Tongan. She said to come back. So I call her on Sunday to see if she's coming to church, and she says, "Sorry I'm helping my friend move in with me, but we'll have a lesson on Tuesday." So I was excited because for all I know, her friend is not a member.... Well we rock up there and have this choice lesson with Lia (Tongan) and her friend Nia (cook Islander). Right away I could tell that we were sent there for a reason. Nia starts to tell us about her life. She is only 20 years old but she has been through everything you can imagine. She's been baptized four times before just to have her sins forgiven. But she still feels guilty and doesn't feel forgiven... ha, I wonder why that is? So we explained the Atonement and how she truly can be forgiven, that Christ and God know what she's been through and that she can be forgiven and feel at peace. She said that she wanted that. And we committed her for baptism! My testimony grew, you could say that those are the people that really need Christ in their life and can use the Atonement!

I'm just so glad that God has blessed us with choice people to teach, sure they have their own problems that they need to overcome but that's why I'm here to help. I am just amazed, we have had some really rough weeks. But God PROVIDES!!!!! He ALWAYS will bless you! As long as you are obedient, qualify, and stretch yourself to do things you've never done before, then God has no way BUT TO BLESS YOU!!!! I know that is true, and it applies in your own life....

We have a Zone council this Wednesday with the area president, Elder Callistar. And we are finally having another Zone conference on Wednesday as well! So we got some good things happening!!!!!!

So much is going on that I don't have time to tell you everything. But I can tell you that I have met/taught people from everywhere; Korea, China, Japan, Iraq, Iran, Isreal, Egypt - you name it! I've probably talked to someone from India, Figi, Tailand, Malasia, Africa - crazy! In fact, the best hair cut I got was from an Iraqian, and you are probably wondering how that went and if we talked about Sadaam Hussein. Yes we did, he even served in his army, and I'm glad that we did what needed to be done....

Anyway....
LOVE YOU ALL HEAPS!!!
Thanks for your prayers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Elder Belnap

No comments:

Post a Comment