Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!!

I hope you are all enjoying for Valentines Day!!!

This week was filled with incredible miracles! I don't know if I'll be able to share all of them with you! But it was an AMAZING week!

So I will start off with Tyler! Tyler was that Miracle find. Now I can't remember if I've told you his story, but I'll tell you again. So we were running late for an appointment. And it was just about 9 o'clock and we needed to get back to the flat. I told Magleby that we should go home. He said, "let's just go tell the guy that we are sorry for being late and we'll set up another appointment with him." So I was like, "ok." We got down there, and Magleby had a stupor of thought and he couldn't remember exactly which house it was. It was back in a coldasack. And all of the sudden Magleby remembered. And we turned back around. Well as soon as we turned around we saw these two girls walking by. So we talked to them. And we asked them if they knew someone for us to teach. They said yes, but they wouldn't take us to that person LOL, they are weird. Anyway, just as we are biking off to that guy's house, the girls yell out to us, this guy wants to learn about God. So we turned around and went to talk to this guy. He had just pulled up to talk to the girls and asked who we were and what we were selling. And when he heard that we were churchies he wanted to know more. So we pretty much taught him the Restoration on the spot. And anyway, we've still been teaching him! He's getting Baptized this Saturday!!!!! He's overcome drinking, smoking, dope, pot, everything! It's a real miracle! But he knows that what we are teaching is true and he wanted to quit because of that! In fact, I called him last night because I wanted to make sure he was coming to church. And he said, "yep, 2,000%." I said, "2,000 percent what?" He said, "2,000 percent sure that I'm coming! I miss going to the chapel, I'm thinking about sleeping in the parking lot outside the church lol!!" I told him to go ahead lol! But it's amazing! He even comes out with us to teach lessons! He really is a Miracle! He's from India. So this is the cool experience I had about him. So when we asked him yesterday who he wanted to baptize him, he said that he wanted me to baptize him! I was sooo excited! I was one happy boy!! I was like, "sweet! 2 of the last 3 weeks I get to baptize someone." But I had this feeling that I should let Elder Subramanian baptize him. So I was thinking about it. And I had remembered a story that President Porter told me. And he shared a story about this companion that he couldn't stand, even to look at him because he had such bad acne. And he felt really uncomfortable even being around him. But they had a baptism and he let his companion baptize this guy. And it wasn't until 30 years later at a reunion that this companion comes up to Pres. Porter and said how it saved his mission. And man, for some reason I had been thinking about that heaps. And last night while I was cooking my dinner, I just felt this strong impression to ask Subramanian if he wanted to Baptize Tyler; and so I did. I said, "Elder, do you want to Baptize Tyler?" He said, "no." I said "Are you sure? Because if you want to, you can baptize him, so do you want to baptize him?" He was stutter (which isn't like him) saying no...sure. I was like, "Well, call Tyler and ask him if that's ok." And Tyler was fine with it. And I get to talk on Faith, and I get to give him the Holy Ghost! So that'll be cool! That'll be my first!!!! So I'm excited to do that!!

So that was a cool experience!

I had my interview with President Porter on Tuesday. And it was really good! We had a good long chat! He told me some very interesting things. He said that is the key, to learn! Then he told me something very shocking. He told me that when a learned missionary comes out, Pres. puts him through 3 key steps. And he told me that I've skipped one of those steps. I think it was the step where he puts me with a really strong senior companion to help build me up (like the 1st or 2nd step, can't remember). He pretty much said that he felt like I was already ready to go right to work. And then this is the shocking part. He told me that after those first three steps comes much bigger responsibility. And there comes Senior responsibility. I was like, "What!" Now, I don't know if I'll be Senior companion next transfer or not. But obviously it's coming. He talked about training. He was definitely hinting at that, so we'll see what happens! I just need to be ready for my next step (trial lol). But it's for the better! Then he turned to me and said, "Did I tell you that you were getting transferred lol!" I said, "No, you left that part out." He said, "I was just curious." Cuz of what we were talking about at the time it sort of sounded like I'd be getting transferred so he was confused if he had said something lol! But I sure hope I don't get transferred, at least not yet! I love this area! I love the ward! These people are amazing! Some of the members know that transfers are coming up and they are like, "Now your not leaving yet right lol." Even President Worthen said he hopes I don't leave yet. And I don't know how to say this, but he likes all missionaries, but he doesn't get close to them. But for some reason we have gotten close.

I gave a blessing this week! I think that's my 3rd blessing I've given since I've been out and 2 annointings. Eveytime I do it, I always say to myself, even being a missionary, "I hope that I'm worthy for this. Because this person is counting on me."

I got my fisrt flat tire! I tried fixing it, but I didn't do a good enough job, the tire still leaks, so my bike is in the shop right now getting fixed.

So that couple that is coming to Salt Lake to get sealed, the Williams. Bobby (wife) gave me a Maori BOM! It's awesome! It was actually hers! I soo blessed! I love the people out here, they are just amazing!

Ok miracle time. So Jess and Lindsay showed up one night at the flat, and they brought a friend. And guess what!? She's keen! She's like, "Yeah I've been looking at Christianity and I think it's time that I join a church and get into it. And I want to become a member of your church." So she pretty much came to us and said she wants to get baptized lol! No joke! I've been praying that we could find those that are of thine elect! And she is just one of the 4 that we found the past 2 weeks that Heavenly Father has sent our way! We've been teaching her, she's been going to Seminary with them, and she came to church. We had a lesson with her yesterday and she has hit a trial. Her mom is anti! So we've been praying for her hard out! But the good news is, she, no matter what, wants this for herself! And she'll keep going! There is just something about her! She's awesome!!!

Ok I'll share one more. Maybe another one lol!! So we had an appointment with George who is getting baptized on the 27! And we got to their house and the mom had friends over so she wanted to do it another time. And we said, "Sure, but could we have a prayer first?" And she said, "Sure." And we went inside, and to my surprise her friends came inside too! So we had a prayer and I felt prompted to share a scripture with her. And I shared 2 Nephi 31:20. And right as we leave one of her friends says, "What is that book?" So I said, "Well, let me tell you!!" And now we are teaching her! And she is keen! She came to church, reads, prays! Just awesome!!!!

Ok so I've got some scriptures for you! So read 2 Nephi 4:5! That scripture talks exactly about both of us! You as my parents and me as your son. It hit me hard! And it is very true about us.


We had 13 investigators at church yesterday. That's more than the whole zone had last Sunday! It was amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment