Sunday, March 21, 2010

Kia Ora!!

Hi everyone!

I had an AWESOME night last night! ha the whole Sunday was great! We had 9 investigators at church which is fantastic!!

But last night we had the Area President come to our stake last night here in Tauranga! And it was an invitation only event. And I got President Worthen to get us in! And he let us bring some of our investigators with us. It was so cool to meet a General Authority! I got to help out a big with Elder Callistar! He's a great man!

Anna came and sat with us. And after Elder Callistar got done with his talk, he came and talked to her, we were sitting on the front row, and he asked her if she was a member. She said not yet, but is going to get baptized on Good Friday! And he had a nice little chat with her, she was actually the first person Elder Callistar talked to! And Anna just started to cry (tears of joy) it was an incredible event.
In fact one of our other investigators came over to me and said that she wants us to come by and push to get her children baptized! The whole event was awesome! We were so fortunate to be able to attend, because we were the only missionaries that could go to this once in a lifetime event! He gave us some good words of encouragment.

Elder Callistar talked on the Atonement, He wrote a book called "The Infinate Atonement" and he really put the Atonement into perspective for me! I am very thankful for the Atonement and all that our Savior has done for us!

That was the main highlight for the week!

I spoke again in Sacrament, this time in the Otumoeti Ward! I talked on Covenants, I thought it turned into a pretty good talk. I pretty much put it together the morning of lol! Ha, I just let the Spirit guide.

We had a great Zone Conference! I really went into it looking how I can become a better missionary. And I really need to work on and get better at my Preach By The Way (talking to people or trackting, that's just what we call it.) And the whole conference was basically on that! So now I'm pushing myself to be able to talk to people.

You wouldn't think that I have a hard time talking to people, and I don't, but about the gospel I struggle sometimes, and sometimes it's hard just to go up to this random person and ask them if they believe in God or whatever. But I'm working on it! And I know that through the Savior I can become GREAT at it. Though it will take time!

The CHURCH IS TRUE! So keep smiling!!!!

LOVE YOU ALL!!!!
GOD BE WITH YOU!!!!

Love Elder Michael Belnap

Elder Belnap's address:
Elder Michael Belnap
New Zealand Auckland Mission
PO Box 33-840
Takapuna
North Shore 0622
New Zealand

No comments:

Post a Comment