Sunday, July 4, 2010

New Comp!!

Kia Ora Whanau (family)

Hey everyone!

Big News on the block.....Keyes got transferred and I got a new companion! His name is Elder Kevin Whaanga (funga) he's from New Zealand, from the bottom of the North Island. He's full Maori. He's a really cool guy. Hard worker, so that's a great thing! Well President lied about keeping me and Keyes together for another transfer LOL! He went to the area right next to me. Which is funny, so I'll still see him all the time which is cool! In fact he went Senior companion! He's the man, and he was definitely ready to go Senior..... I don't know what it is with me getting a new companion every transfer. I guess I scare off my companions or something lol! Or we get along too good LOL! And I got another companion from another country. Only 2 legit American companions. But I don't mind having foregien companions. So That's the big news!!!

I'm doing great! We had a stellar week! We set 5 people for baptism! And we set a family of 4 all for the 24th of this month! They'll be a handful, but we'll get them there! A LOT OF PRAYER!

There is this one investigator named Gail. She's from South Africa and we've been teaching her for quite some time. She has read the whole Book of Mormon!!! She's a stanch Catholic, like for 62 years of her life all she's known is her religion. And it's hard for her to go to another church. But I know that she has felt the Spirit and that's why she still has us over. We invited her to be baptized, but she said that she wants to come to our church first and see what it's like! And yesterday she came to church!!!! And she stayed the whole 3 hours! We are seeing her tomorrow and hopefully we can set her!!! At least that's the plan! She's awesome! And she asks all the right questions! Just a really fun investigator to teach because she knows her Bible and she really tests us! So it's pretty fun!

The weather isn't that great. It's the middle of Winter! I just need to make it through this month and I'll be fine, because then we'll be heading into Spring! Can't wait for August and September!! It's really windy and rainy, but I know that the Lord will bless us for going out and working in it!

Last Monday I gave my first hair cut to Keyes! And I have to say it wasn't that bad lol!

On Tuesday I wasn't feeling that great. I felt really sick to my stomach, so I laid down for a bit and then I had Keyes give me a blessing and we went to work. And I feel much better now! I have a very strong testimony of the Power of the Priesthood!

THINGS ARE GOOD IN NEW ZEALAND!!!!!!!!
LOVE YA TONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANKS FOR YOUR PRAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
XOXOXO


Elder Belnap

No comments:

Post a Comment