Sunday, April 4, 2010

Anna's Baptism!!

Kia Ora!

We had an AWESOME week! It was filled with the Spirit!

We had Anna's Baptism on Good Friday, and it definitely was a Good Friday! We had soo many non members and investigators there! I was blown away! We had so many people there that we had to hold the meeting in the Chapel. I spoke on Baptism. And the Spirit was soo strong. I was feeling it even before we started. When it was time for me to speak, I was just soo overwhelmed by the Spirit. So and I started off my talk not on baptism, but on the feelings of the Spirit. And I tied that into how and why we need to be baptized. I was pretty blunt on what I said concerning the Spirit and being baptized is the only way to enter into the Kingdom of God. Haha I really wanted to commit everyone there for baptism because the Spirit was soo strong. I have NO DOUBT in my mind that EVERYONE there felt the Spirit. All of the baptisms I've been to are wonderful and the Spirit is always there. But Anna's baptism was one that I will never forget. It was quite amazing! I wish you could've experienced that incredible day! Her baptism was great too! She told me after she got baptized that when she went down that her eyes were closed and it was dark, but it seemed like it was soo bright, especially when she came up out of the water!
And yesterday I got the honor to confirm her and give her the gift of the Holy Ghost! Afterward she said, that she never felt like this before. She said it was an incredible feeling.

And she gave me a letter on Saturday. And it was the best letter I could've ever received. As a missionary you love it every time someone makes that change in their life and they get baptized. But as a missionary you wait your whole mission for a person like Anna. In this letter, she said everything and more that hit me like a rock. The things she said in the letter made me realize how important my role is as a missionary. I have to tell you what she said, (this is the part that made me cry)
"Elder Belnap you are such a positive role model to all those around you. Because it is definitely so clear that the Holy Spirit just beams through you. I am so incredibly thankful you shared as much of that pure light with me as you did. Now you might be thinking "How in the world did I do that?" (Yes you are thinking that right now! lol) Well I'm about to tell you. (yay!) It was your extreme passion & love for the church that made me want to desire to know more, because you are seriously the most happy chappy I've ever met & I know it's because you know the church is true. Basically what I am trying to say is, KEEP DOING WHAT YOUR DOING because in my opinion it's "Belnaps Best" (yes, yet another silly nickname) It is so clear that you are blessed with such an amazing gift & I pray that people all over the world get to experience your brilliant teachings, your love towards the Heavenly Father & Jesus Christ, your passion for the gospel & your extreme motivation to helping people!"

After I read that I was filled. You always wonder if your doing what your supposed to be doing, if your doing a good job, am I really doing any good. And she answered all of questions and concerns. She's wonderful. You probably got a chuckle from some of the things she said, she's quite funny. I love her! I am soo happy for her! And I'm glad God gave me Anna and to be a part of her Spiritual Journey!

I bore my testimony in both wards yesterday, it was sort of like a good bye speech. Because transfers is coming up in 2 days, and we find out what's going to happen. And I have this feeling that I might/probably will be moving. So we'll see what happens. Whatever the Lord wants me to do, I'll do.

And I was looking at my old planner when I got here in Tauranga. Seeing how much work has been done since I've got here. Now, none of this is to boast or brag. But when I got here, we had 5 investigators. When Magleby left we had roughly 50 investigators, and we still have heaps of people were teaching. The Lord has definitely blessed this area soo soo much! And I am lucky enough to be a part of this marvleous work and wonder here in Greerton/Tauranga/Otumoeti!

HOPE YOU'RE ENJOYING CONFERENCE!!!!!!! WE GET IT NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!

LOVE YOU ALL WITH ALL MY HEART!!!!
HAPPY EASTER!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment